Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cables, Cables and more CABLES!

 
Wow - these socks were a pain to knit. As I have said countless times before, I hate cables. For some reason, I just don't enjoy doing them and these socks had a LOT of cables. I absolutely love the end result, but I would never make them again.
 
Winged:
Yarn: On Your Toes Bamboo by S.R. Kertzer  in electric blue
Needle Size: 1 1/2 (2.5mm) 12" circular needles
Pattern source: Kristi in Sock Innovation
 

 
The design of this sock is gorgeous. I think my sister is really going to like them (she better after all the work that went into them). They did take me a while to finish, and I did get frustrated with all the cables that had to be done, but that was not the fault of the design, just personal preferences. The pattern was well written with clear instructions.

 
The yarn is nice and soft, but I came really close to running out of yarn. Like 2.5g close.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment