Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hats Off

 
I competed the first hat for my grandfather's Christmas present. I plan on making two of them since hats are a great on-the-go project that do not take too much time.
 
Grandpa's Hat:
Yarn: Patons Canadiana Solids in navy blue
Needle Size: US size 7 (4.5mm) 16" circular needles
Pattern Source: Luxury Yarn One Skein Wonders

 
I was able to finish knitting this hat in about a week, only knitting on my lunch breaks. It is an easy moss stich pattern, and I really like the result of a thicker material. It works great for a winter hat. I did make it longer than what the pattern called for since I wanted to make sure that it completely covered the ears.  

 
I am now looking for a second hat pattern to make, and I am having a hard time finding one that I like. I am going to continue my search for the next one.
 
And until then... Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment