Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another Gift

As mentioned in a previous post, I didn't stress over the holidays about getting all my knitting done. I decided that my gift giving could continue into the new year. Here is the last gift I have made:



 
 
Leafy Lap Blanket:
Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn in Light Grey
Needle Size: U.S 8 (5mm)
Pattern Source: Leafy Baby Blanket (Free Ravelry Download!!)
 
If I was to re-do this pattern for an adult, I would add another repeat of the leaf pattern to make it wider. Other than that I absolutely love it, it turned out beautiful.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This was my first time killing acrylic. I had washed and dried the blanket, but it was still not lying nice and flat, so I took out my steamer and blasted the blanket with steam. Worked perfectly!


No comments:

Post a Comment