Monday, December 24, 2012

Socks!

I have had these socks on my needles since August. I had started them off with the intention of finishing them rather quickly, but then Christmas knitting came around and I haven't had the time to finish them up until now. They are part of my Sock Knitting Master Class Challenge.
 
Terpander:
Yarn:
Lion Brand Sock-Ease in Brown
Needle Size: Size 1 (2.25mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Sock Knitting Master Class
 

 
I think they turned out beautifully, but I hated doing them. The pattern was well written and easy to follow ... but ... I hate knitting cables, and this pattern involved a LOT of cables.
 
 
The next pair of socks that I made have a bit of a story attached to them. In the summer, I asked my sisters what they wanted me to knit them for Christmas, and my youngest sister said she wanted a dog pencil case. I was so proud of myself when I finished that project early and I didn't need to rush to get it done. Then a few weeks before Christmas she told me she would love another pair of socks. Ugh. I did not think I would have time to knit up a pair of socks on top of everything else I had to get done. But it kept bugging me... so 1 week before Christmas I started knitting a pair of socks. I chose a simple pattern (with no cables!) that I thought would knit up quickly. And I managed to knit the socks in 3 days. Unbelievable.
 
Christmas Miracle Socks:
Yarn:  Lion Brand Sock-Ease in Purple
Needle Size: U.S. size 2 ( 2.75 mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Solar Flair in Simply Knitting 94, June 2012

 
I think they turned out great and they only had two repeats for the pattern, so it was easy to memorize. I had a few problems with the pattern, and I have listed them on my Ravelry project page for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment