Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sock Knitting Love

When I start knitting socks, it becomes an obsession and I just can't stop. I love, love making them, but I hardly ever wear them... But it doesn't matter because the act of making something is so much more gratifying then the end product. The process of turning a simple piece of string into something so much more is an addictive feeling. I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, but I don't care. 

I am still working through my Sock Knitting Master Class Challenge. I finished the Almondine socks in record time. They were really fun to knit and the pattern was great. I enjoy lace knitting and the pattern provided enough interest while keeping it simple enough that I didn't have to constantly look at the pattern to make sure I was doing the right thing.

 I just couldn't manage to get a good shot of these socks...


Almondine Socks:
Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease in Rock Candy
Needle Size: Size 1 (2.25mm) DPNs

These socks were low on the difficulty scale, but they were so fun to knit. The elasticity provided by the knit and purl stitches make these socks a perfect project for a gift, since you don't need to worry about their fit. 

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment