Sunday, August 21, 2011

A new KAL


Boyfriend Blanket Square #1 (August):

Yarn: Unknown worsted weight, blue yarn
Needles: Size 7
Pattern Source: Ravelry

I have been planning to make the boyfriend a knitted blanket, so when this new knit-along started on Ravelry I couldn't resist joining in. The 12 month cable afghan "K-A-L" from Woolen Collectibles for 2011-2012 group administrator provides one square per month for a year, so by this time next year I will have a finished blanket! The August Square has already been posted and I found it challenging (to say the least). I have to be really concentrating so that I do not make any mistakes. So the fact that this is given to me in small pieces makes it easier for me to follow along. I would definitely not recommend this as a first try at a cable pattern, but it is a really good project!

I am trying (really hard) to reduce my enormous stash so I decided to use up some yarn I already had. I don't know what it is, it's worsted weight and it's blue. I'm knitting on size 7 needles, and the final square measured 14" square (I have not yet blocked it, I will do them all at once to make sure they are all the same size). It came out really nice, but was quite stressful to make as I had to be constantly looking at the pattern so as not to lose my place. I would recommend printing out the chart and color-coding it for easy referral.

No comments:

Post a Comment